JULeye (formally July) is an annual charity campaign dedicated to raising awareness and funds for eye health research.
As we continue to live longer we will all have an eye disease in our lifetime. Yet so little is known about eye diseases and what each of us can do to maintain our eye health.
Launched for the first time this year, JULeye aims to firmly stamp eye health on the Australian health calendar and raise awareness of the importance of early diagnosis and treatment of eye disease. Most importantly, JULeye aims to raise $3.5 million in funding for eye disease and eye health research projects over the next two years to help find the causes of, and cures for, eye diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and rare diseases.
JULeye is an initiative of The Eye Foundation, which was established by the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO) to support the ophthalmic community in research grants and development programs.
JULeye will be an integrated campaign across all mediums with national activities supporting the campaign in 2008 including;
- Australian Rugby Union & Qantas Wallabies event partnership for 26 July Bledisloe Cup game at ANZ Stadium, Sydney
- EYE Corp out-of-home (OOH) advertising, e.g. billboards, concentrated in capital cities and potentially airports
- Westfield ‘table top’ advertising in the food courts of 12 metropolitan Westfield Shopping Centres
- Media relations program targeting a breadth of electronic and print media, utilising celebrity campaign ambassadors, experts and ‘real people’ stories. CLICK HERE to watch our media launch on 7 Network’s SUNRISE 25 June
- Local events throughout JULeye hosted by corporates, medical eye practices and ambassadors.
- Merchandise distributed through ophthalmology practices including temporary tattoo of the eye worn to badge involvement in the campaign
- Corporate eye health seminars hosted by JULeye partners enabling staff to have their eyes tested
- juleye.com.au dedicated microsite with information about the campaign, projects & eye health
Some JULeye events will kick off in June with fundraising activities and dinners hosted by corporations, medical eye practices and JULeye ambassadors in lead up to the launch of JULeye on 01 July 2008.